Dr. Philip Anloague is the founding owner of Orion Physical Therapy and has 27 years of experience working in the clinic and in higher education. While his clinical expertise is in the areas of spine rehabilitation and sports medicine, he works with clients and athletes from the amateur to professional levels. Dr. Anloague specializes in working with high-level athletes from the youth through the collegiate and elite professionals.
Dr. Anloague earned his Doctor of Health Science Degree (DHSc) in Physical Therapy from the University of St. Augustine, is a board certified Orthopaedic Specialist (OCS) from the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists, and is also a certified manual therapist (MTC). He completed his Bachelors of Science Degree (BS) in Psychology at Cleveland State University where he minored in Athletic Training and Gerontology. He earned his Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) Degree from Andrews University and has completed additional certifications in numerous clinical subspecialties related to orthopedics and sports medicine.
Dr. Anloague is a Special Consultant for the Indiana Pacers and is a Research Consultant for the Oklahoma City Thunder, Denver Nuggets, and Philadelphia 76ers. He conducts and has published research related to the utility of functional and clinical measures as they relate to sports injury prevention and rehabilitation. He has also published research in the areas of: shoulder injuries in overhead athletes, neurodynamics, and spinal anatomy. Dr. Anloague is the Associate Provost for Graduate Academic Affairs and was the Founding Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Dayton and Directs the Doctor of Physical Therapy program. He has a passion for teaching and learning and presents numerous continuing medical education seminars annually. His presentation topics include the rehabilitation of the spine, therapeutic exercise, the throwing athlete, diagnostic imaging, and neurodynamics.
Personally, Dr. Anloague enjoys spending time traveling and hiking with his wife, Sharon. They have two sons who are enrolled in graduate programs as Wright State University and Marian University. He loves music and sports, enjoys playing the guitar, and is a 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS (Select):
- Petway, A. J., Jordan, M. J., Epsley, S., & Anloague, P. (2022). Mechanisms of Achilles Tendon Rupture in National Basketball Association Players, Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 38(6), 398-403. Retrieved Dec 27, 2022, from https://journals.humankinetics.com/view/journals/jab/38/6/article-p398.xml
- Anloague PA, Strack DS. Considerations in the Diagnosis and Accelerated Return to Sport of a Professional Basketball Player with a Triceps Surae Injury: A Case Report. The Journal Of Orthopaedic And Sports Physical Therapy. May 2018;48(5):388-397.
- Short S, Short G, Strack DS, Anloague PA , Brewster B. A combined treatment approach emphasizing impairment-based manual therapy and exercise for hip-related compensatory injury in elite athletes: A Case Series. IJSPT. 12(6), 2017.
- Short S, Anloague P, Strack D. Rehabilitation and Return to Sport Following Surgical Repair of the Rectus Abdominis and Adductor Longus in a Professional Basketball Player: A Case Report. The Journal of Orthopaedic And Sports Physical Therapy [serial online]. August 2016;46(8):697- 706.
- Anloague PA, Chorny WS, Childs KE, Frankovich M, Graham C, et al. (2015) The Relationship between Femoral Nerve Tension and Hip Flexor Muscle Length. J Nov Physiother 5: 244. doi:10.4172/2165-7025.1000244
- Tipnis RA, Anloague PA, Laubach LL, Barrios JA. The dose-response relationship between lateral foot wedging and the reduction of knee adduction moment. Clin Biomech. 29(9):984-9, 2014.
- Anloague PA. The Effect of Taping on Patellar Position as Determined by Video Fluoroscopy in Patients with PFPS: A Pilot Study. Journal of Applied Research. 11(2): 97-104, 2011
- Anloague PA, Spees V, Smith J, Herbenick MA, Rubino LJ. Glenohumeral Range of Motion and Lower Extremity Flexibility in Collegiate-Level Baseball Players. Sports Health. 4(12): 25-30, 2012
- Peters PG, Rubino LJ, Herbenick MA, Anloague PA, Markert RJ. Knee Range of Motion: The Reliability and Agreement of Three Measurement Methods. Am J Orthop.; 40(12): E249-252, 2011
- Vanderburgh PV, Mickley NS, Anloague PA, Lucius K. Load-Carriage Distance Run and Push-Ups Tests: No Body Mass Bias and Occupationally Relevant. Military Medicine. 176,9:1032-1035, 2011.
- Anloague PA, Huijbregts P. Anatomical Variations of the Lumbar Plexus: A Descriptive Anatomy Study with Proposed Clinical Implications. Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy. 17(4):E107-E114, 2009.
- Rubino J, Herbenick MA, Anloague PA, Finnan R. Chronic Elbow Dislocation Treated with Open Reduction and Lateral Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction, Am J Orthop. 38(6): E98-E100, 2009.
- McGlaughlin MC, Anloague PA, Clark BC. External Pelvic Fixation During Lumbar Muscle Resistance Exercise. In: Nova Science Publishers, Inc. Biomechanics: Principles, Trends and Applications. 2010.